Sunday, November 2, 2014

Homeschool Weekly: Halloween Edition

I don't have much time for an update this weekend, as it's a very busy one! I'll try to put it together quickly. I wrote this on Friday but was away from home all day yesterday, and we were busy today (Sunday) so here it is Sunday evening before I got it done. But I didn't want to wait and do yet another Middle School Monday combo! So please check in on Monday for the Middle School link-up.

In our homeschool... The quickest way to sum it up is to say that pretty much everything went according to plan this week. Sure, I would have liked to get more done, but isn't that always the way? We were busy several days, and I wasn't feeling well for part of the time, so some studies had to slide. We should still be on track though.

First quarter "officially" ends on Monday and I will make up report cards for both kids. I will turn in a copy of Kennady's to our oversight group, but high school grades aren't due till the end of first semester.

In other news... This was a full week, most notably with Trunk or Treat at church on Wednesday evening. I heard that we had about 200 guests come by for treats, s'mores and other goodies around a bonfire, and just for fun. The hubster and I took both our vehicles, and did a quick re-creation of Lucy's psychiatric help booth from the Peanuts comic strip.



Yesterday (Saturday) I went with some of our youth to the Ignite One Day conference in Dover, Delaware. This annual all-day event is worship, speakers, and workshop for teens in our area, and also promotes our area youth camp which is also called Ignite. It made for a very long day - we left at 6:30am and returned after midnight - but we had a very good time.
We had a little bit of time after church today - time for a quick lunch and a short nap before we were off and running again. Our youth group had a chili cookoff fundraiser this afternoon so I spent most of the day there. My chili didn't win, but the youth raised just over $500 to help them go to retreat and camp so that is a win in my book! They did a great job putting it together, and we had a wonderful turnout!
One of those prize baskets should have been mine. Just saying. ;-)
On my blog this week...


On the bookshelf...

  • Song of Redemption - Lynn Austin
  • Robin: Lady of Legend - R.M. ArceJaeger
  • The Counterfeit Heiress - Tasha Alexander
I recently finished A Lady At Willowgrove Hall by Sarah E. Ladd, and A Lady's Honor by Laurie Alice Eakes. I also finished Out of the Storm, a novella by Jody Hedlund; and most recently finished Prelude for a Lord by Camille Elliot, but I haven't written about them on my book blog yet.


A parting shot... I actually drove across the Bay Bridge yesterday. I used to be terrified to drive on bridges. It still freaks me out a little, but at least I can do it!




Weekly Wrap-Up  
   
This post is linked at Managing Your Blessings, at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers,  and at Home to 4 Kiddos -  see how other homeschoolers spent this busy week.

Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!

 ©2006-2014 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.