Monday, August 22, 2016

From the High School Lesson Book - Taking a Long View



Thinking back to when I was a new mom (a long time ago now!), I remember hearing one piece of advice quite regularly. It was some variation on the theme of "Enjoy your children while they are young, because they grow so quickly". And it's very true - children do grow quickly, and when we moms are overwhelmed with changing diapers and chasing down rambunctious toddlers, it doesn't seem possible that one day they'll be teenagers. When we're in the trenches of homeschooling, it's hard to imagine what life will be like someday when they are grown and graduated. If you're that mom, let me encourage you to follow that advice of enjoying your young children, but also to take a long view of your mission of mothering, especially homeschooling and mothering.

Join me for the rest of this post at A Net In Time Schooling, where I'm pleased to be offering a guest post in her Encouragement series.

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 3:13-14
But before you go, please take a moment to link your posts about homeschooling high school here - I'd love to see what you are working on! Also, please visit your neighbors and leave some encouraging comments!

If you're homeschooling through high school and have not yet joined the Blog Roll, please take a moment to do that as well.

From the High School Lesson Book will be here on Mondays from now on. During the summer I will keep it short depending on what else we're doing, but I'd like to continue to connect with other homeschool bloggers with high school students through this link-up and the blog roll.



 Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!

 ©2006-2016 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

1 comments:

Annette said...

Thanks for being part of my series Kym.

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.